Often when I ask someone how he/she is doing I get the same reply: “I am so busy. You know!”. Truth be told many of us have to work long hours and have much more on our plates, too. I understand. No, I truly do.
There are days (and nights) that I get overwhelmed just looking at my to-do list. There are so many things to do and so little time.
So every once in a while I try to focus on the things that make me happy and appreciate what I have.
- The sun. Being outdoors always made me feel good. I am one of those people who can take a long walk despite the weather. Yes, I have gone for a walk when it was raining outside and I would do it again. But lately being in the sun makes me feel good and lifts my spirits although I’m not sure how I’ll feel come summer time…
- Music. Growing up I listened to the radio for as long as I was awake. And not in a classroom. I am old; mp3-players did not exist then! Then came a period I traded music for silence. Lately, music has crept back into my everyday life and I thoroughly enjoy it.
- Exercise. We all know that exercise is good for us. I started exercising many years ago and it took me 6 years of almost daily practice to enjoy it! Now, it is my way to unwind, think and burn off some steam.
- Cooking. I love food. And more than that I love to gather around a table with friends. It’s a wonderful feeling to nourish someone.
- Reading. Books have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. They educate, entertain, broaden my perspective and challenge me. I am trying to be smarter about carving out time to read and audiobooks have been life-changing. Have you given them a try yet?
- Sewing. You are shocked don’t I know it! Since I design many of my own clothes, sewing for me is not only practical. It
- Coffee. I love coffee. Is there anything to add to that?